How to perform websites migrations with Migrate Guru
Migrate Guru gives WordPress website owners the capacity to move, duplicate or clone site from one web host to another.
It is different from other WordPress migration plugins because it uses a simple 1-step process that runs on BlogVaultservers. It does not overload the source website, and ensures that websites as large as 200 GB can be moved without any issues. The plugin automatically takes care of both serialized and base64 serialized string substitution.
- One-click Migration:Enter host details and click Migrate. Literally all you have to do is click! That’s it!
- Zero overload on source site: The migration process works on their servers, so it doesn’t crash your site.
- Large site capacity: Move or transfer sites as large as 200 GB effortlessly. Large site migrations usually fail because of live-site server import limits. There are no limits here.
- No add-ons: You don’t need any extras or add-ons to move multi-sites, or sites with serialised data. You are not charged extra for anything!
- No storage space:Migrate Guru automatically copies your site to Migrate Guru servers. After the migration is complete, the copy is erased. Your privacy is retained, at no cost for their storage space.
- Web host compatibility: Move your site to and from any web host.
- 100% Automatic Built in Search and Replace: Migrate Guru can easily handle serialised data with precise Search and Replace algorithms placed for your convenience.
- Timely notifications: You will receive real time email alerts to keep updated about the status of the migration taking place.
Here’s the easiest walkthrough for Migrating or transferring WordPress site from one server to another using Migrate Guru.
(For a video tutorial, watch!)
Step 1 – Install Migrate Guru
To add Migrate Guru WordPress Plugin.
- Go to Pluginsand in that, click on Add New.
- Type in the name of the WordPress Plugin, Migrate Guru or a related descriptive keyword, author, or tag in Search Plugins box.
- Click on the Install button when you find Migrate Guru.
- The resulting installation screen will list the installation as successful or note any problems during the installation.
- If successful, click Activate Plugin.
Alternatively, you can download Migrate Guru from here and install it by uploading it through WordPress dashboard or via SFTP.
Step 2 – Filling out the Migrate Guru migration form
Enter your email address to receive notifications and details of your site migration.
Select the web host you are transferring your web host to.
Then Migrate Guru plugin will give you a small form to fill up. The fields on this form are:
- Destination Site URL: This is the URL of the site (domain) you would have set up on your new web host.
- Destination Server IP address: This is the server IP address of the site configured on your web host account.
- Advanced Options: Click on this option ONLY if either the site being moved or the destination site are https:/ instead of https://.
If you do not know these details you can find them out easily:
- Log in to your web host account and go to the menu bar displayed at the top of the
- Click on Hosting and choose cPanel.
- The destination server IP address is on the left-hand side.
bar of the cPanel page.
- For the cPanel username, access the mail your web host would have sent you when you first signed up for an account. The cPanel password is usually set when signing up for web host service. It is the same password you use to login to your regular web host account.
- If you want to use FTP, follow the same steps as above.
Note: If the URLs of either one begin with ‘https://’, they are HTTP authenticated. If your web host domain’s URL is protected with HTTP authentication, you would have received an email with the validation credentials. These credentials can also be retrieved from the site’s server logs.
Now that you have all the required details, enter them in the Migrate Guru form. If you have any more doubts there is a Support and Help section over to the right.
Step 3 – Click on Migrate.You have finished all the steps required to migrate your website successfully.
After you click Migrate button, Migrate Guru will send you an email notification confirming that the process of migration has begun.
In the meantime, you will also be taken to a screen that displays the real-time process of your website migration.
You don’t need to keep your browser window open once the migration begins.
If you don’t see this screen, or if the migration screen reloads with an error message, then odds are that something wasn’t entered correctly. Go back through the directions above, and carefully make sure each field is correct, then retry. Or, if you just created your web site, it may take a little time before Migrate Guru can connect to it.
Once the migration process is completed, you’ll receive another email from Migrate Guru notifying you about the successful migration.
You can view your new site by clicking on the Migrated Site button, which you’ll also receive a link to in your email alert.
All you have to do is, install the plugin, enter your hosting details and click Migrate.
If you have any queries you can contact the Migrate Guru team using their contact form at support page.
Get Migrate Guru here.
We hope you found this article and more importantly, Migrate Guru WordPress plugin, useful. It is wildly popular having over 500,000+ total migrations, 400,000+ sites migrated, 100,000+ hours saved and a 99.99% success rate, with 0 risks! It is the obvious choice for anyone wanting to make the most out of their time, and you’ve got nothing to lose since it is free.
If you have used Migrate Guru, let us know about your experience with it.