7 Best WordPress Plugins to Improve Website UX & UI
There could be multiple reasons why your site has a low conversion rate, but you should consider that it might be primarily due to poor User Interface or User Experience. WordPress UX & UI Plugins (Free and Premium) can help you improve various functionalities on your website, like Faster Loading, Notifications, Live Chat Messenger, Mobile Friendly Version, Product Viewer, Contact Forms, SEO, Broken Link issues, and much more.
WordPress has become the most popular content management system (CMS) in the world. Millions of businesses and bloggers, large and small, have chosen WordPress to start their websites. However, simply creating a site from an existing template usually isn’t enough, you will need to customize it or have to add some personal flavors.
This is where a variety of WordPress UX & UI plugins come into play, elevating the simple user experience to the next level. A WordPress site with poor USER EXPERIENCE and USER INTERFACE can cause disapproval from current visitors and future customers. If the loading page takes more than 3 seconds to load, broken links appear, your site looks unattractive, there is no one to guide customers for products/services (online Chat). The chances are higher, your visitors may decide to leave your WordPress site without any activity, and you can face massive bounce rates.
We have created a list of the 7 best WordPress UI UX plugins that can help you improve the website experience for users.
#1. Gravity Forms (Premium)
Gravity Forms lets you create almost any type of form, including user surveys, polls, file upload forms, support requests, online orders, quizzes, and questionnaires. Select your fields, configure your options, and easily embed forms on your WordPress-powered site using the built-in tools. It has an excellent user experience feature like submit documents and photos. Just add file upload fields to your form and save the files to your server. Gravity Forms are designed to display properly in a variety of mobile devices.
- Gravity Forms has 30+ Ready to Use Form Fields.
- Gravity Forms has an email auto-responder.
- You can easily create WordPress Posts with front end forms.
- Integrate your forms with a wide variety of services and applications
- Limit the number of entries a form can receive and schedule forms.
#2. Yoast SEO (Premium)
Search engine optimization (SEO) is the practice of getting targeted traffic to a website from a search engine’s organic rankings. Every WordPress site is in dire need of good SEO, and this plugin is an excellent solution. Yoast SEO is the favorite WordPress SEO plugin for millions of users worldwide for on-site optimization. It does everything in its power to please both visitors and search engine spiders.
- Optimize for keywords, keyphrases, synonyms, related keywords, and all word forms of those.
- Get suggestions for links to other pages on your website, as you write.
- Show you the 5 words or phrases you use the most on your page, to check if they’re a match with your chosen keywords.
- Avoid confusing Google with duplicate content, by setting canonical URLs.
- Get a clear overview of your focus keywords and SEO scores (CSV export).
#3. WPtouch Pro (Premium)
According to research, 51.92 % of digital traffic visits a site on mobile devices, with desktops becoming secondary. If your website isn’t mobile-friendly, you’re missing out on all that traffic, and it’s only going to get worse as time goes on. Make your WordPress website mobile-friendly with just a few clicks using WPtouch Pro.
- The only WordPress mobile solution with full WordPress Customizer support.
- It’s easier than ever to get set up and launch your mobile version with WPtouch Pro.
- WPtouch Pro themes are up to 5x faster than desktops or responsive themes.
- WPtouch Pro supports the top 30 WordPress plugins on WordPress.org
- WPtouch Pro instantly makes your website Google Mobile Friendly and increases your mobile search rankings.
#4. Smush Pro (Premium)
No one likes waiting, including WordPress site visitors. Images can significantly slow down your website, which is why it is essential to save all your images optimized for the web. Smush has been benchmarked and tested number one for speed and quality and is the award-winning, back-to-back proven crowd favorite image optimization plugin for WordPress. This WordPress plugin compresses images by stripping bulky hidden information to reduce the file size without affecting the appearance of the image.
- Optimize unlimited images on your site with a click and keep smushing the images you upload in the future automatically.
- Store original images as a backup so you can quickly restore full quality images.
- Use its advanced compression algorithm to save more than 2x without any drop in visual quality.
- Serve all your images in a next-gen format (25% smaller than PNG or JPEG) from the Smush Pro automatically.
- Save a ton of space on your servers by optimizing large images up to 32MB with the one-click.
#5. Broken Link Checker (Free)
Broken links on your site shatter the user experience. When visitors land on a 404 page, they don’t get to engage with the desired content. As a result, visitors may leave your site altogether. Broken Link Checker monitors your WordPress site for broken links and lets you know if any are searched. It scans your site, notifies you for broken links, and makes suggestions for fixing those links.
- Broken Link Checker monitors links in your posts, pages, comments, the blogroll, and custom fields.
- Detects links that don’t work, missing images, and redirects.
- Notifies you either via the Dashboard or by email.
- Makes broken links display differently in posts (optional).
- Prevents search engines from following broken links (optional).
#6. Paldesk (Premium)
Paldesk is a live chat plugin that helps businesses proactively chat in real-time with visitors and customers to their website. Connect multiple channels into a single dashboard, respond to all your messages from one place. Start capturing leads, solving tickets & selling more.
- Speed up your chat experience and improve workflow.
- Create, manage, respond to, and resolve tickets with ease.
- Set your business hours and a predefined offline message.
- Statistics regarding the number of open and closed conversations.
- The complete conversation history for all your chats.
#7. Apex Notification Bar (Premium)
Maybe you want to emphasize on a new promotion or inform people about the upcoming launch of your new products. Apex Notification Bar is a WordPress plugin that enables you to show multiple engaging notification bars on your website. You can notify your site visitors about your new releases, offers, deals, messages, news, and much more through a notice in your site. You can add a countdown notification bar for a product sale too.
- Create Unlimited Notification Bars.
- Date Wise/Scheduled Notification Bars.
- Notification Bar Close button : Disable / Show/Hide Toggle / User can Close.
- Setting meta boxes: (Custom CSS, Custom JS, Cookies).
- Mobile-Friendly/Responsive, Translation Ready, SEO Friendly.
WordPress UX (User Experience) plugins play a significant role in making a WordPress site feel customized and up to standards. With so many of them available, it can be a bit overwhelming to choose the right ones. But remember, choosing suitable can make all the difference when it comes to user experience. In the end, that is what matters the most, to keep your users happy and engaged while browsing. Take Care.